Addiction has become a severe issue in San Antonio and the surrounding areas. While the city has many treatment centers, plenty of people are still not getting the help they need. Find out how to tell if you or a loved one should look for a San Antonio detox center and how to find a suitable facility.
When you have access to effective drug and alcohol detox centers near San Antonio, TX, there is no need to give up on overcoming addiction. The Right Step Hill Country has the treatment you need in the San Antonio area. We are located at 440 Fischer Store Rd, less than a half-mile from Essential 87 Landscaping & Masonry. Call us at 1.844.675.1628 for more information about our programs and how we can assist you or someone you care about.
Why Detox Centers Are Needed in the San Antonio Area
Drug addiction and its most serious consequences — overdose deaths — have become more prominent in San Antonio as well as throughout the United States. And many of these deaths are caused by taking drugs that contain different ingredients than advertised.
More people are accessing drugs illegally through social media, but the prescription pills they buy are often cut with fentanyl. During the first half of 2022, the Drug Enforcement Administration noted a 48% increase in the seizures of fentanyl in San Antonio.¹ This increase is especially concerning since fentanyl is 100 times more potent than heroin.
San Antonio residents and those in the surrounding towns need local detox centers to help them deal with the aftermath of potential addiction or overdose from unknowingly taking pills laced with fentanyl.
Do You or a Loved One Need a Detox Center Near San Antonio, TX?
Quitting drugs or alcohol is not always as easy as it may seem. Plenty of people have tried to quit at home without success. You may require professional help to overcome addiction if:
- You feel like you are in a downward spiral, and your substance use is out of your control.
- You are drinking or using drugs more often.
- You need larger doses of drugs or alcohol to achieve the same effects.
- You have tried to quit before.
- Your mental health is suffering.
- Drug or alcohol use is straining your relationships.
Without treatment, your substance use will likely worsen over time. Getting help now can change the trajectory of your life and protect your health, relationships, and job from the detrimental effects of addiction.
Selecting Medical Detox Centers Near San Antonio, TX
Finding medical detox centers near San Antonio, TX, can be as simple as performing an internet search. But it takes more than simply picking the first facility that pops up in your results. When selecting a detox program near you, it is crucial to consider a few things:
- Do you need inpatient or outpatient treatment? Some facilities offer both, while others have more limited options.
- Are you looking for a gender-specific program? Certain treatment centers offer programs designed specifically for men or women.
- Do you have co-occurring mental health disorders? Facilities that offer dual diagnosis treatment are often the best choice.
- Is your home environment supportive of recovery? If you live with others who use drugs or alcohol, you may need to choose residential treatment or a facility connecting you with sober housing.
With all the treatment options available, it is understandable that you may feel overwhelmed. Reaching out to a local facility and asking questions can clarify the most essential programs and amenities for your recovery.
The Right Step Hill Country: Your Best Choice in Detox Centers Near San Antonio, TX
It is never too late to get out of the grip of addiction. Even if you feel hopeless about your situation, The Right Step Hill Country can help pull you from the depths of this debilitating disease. Better days are on the horizon when you contact us at 1.844.675.1628.
¹KSAT – Fentanyl Seizures Up in San Antonio as Drug Dealers Find Customers on Social Media