While the methods have improved over the years, alcohol addiction treatment centers are still looking for the perfect way to treat alcoholism. In just the last ten years, the addiction community has gone through a bit of a transition. The transition moved the community away from cookie-cutter treatment methods and more toward customized treatment plans for each client. The Right Step Hill Country is here to provide you with everything you need for recovery in our tailored San Antonio substance abuse treatment programs.
Do You Have a Problem with Alcohol?
Anyone who knows someone struggling with alcohol can surely attest to the difficulty of finding signs of alcohol addiction. Remember, a lot of people go out and have drinks regularly. They might even come home intoxicated often. That doesn’t necessarily point out an alcohol addiction. It could be the individual just has difficulty holding their alcohol or knowing when to stop.
If you are wondering if you have an alcohol addiction, some signs could point in that direction. Take a look at this partial list of common symptoms of alcohol addiction:
- Drinking more or longer than planned regularly
- Attempts to stop drinking are unsuccessful
- Often drinking alone
- Having difficulty with relationships at home or work
- Putting oneself in dangerous situations while intoxicated
- Often drinking to the point of a blackout
- Drinking to avoid symptoms of alcohol withdrawal
If you exhibit one or more of these traits, you may well have a significant problem with alcohol. If so, consider checking into an alcohol addiction treatment center.
How an Addiction Treatment Center Works
In our Texas alcohol rehab at The Right Step Hill Country, we start every client with an intake interview. Our goal is to gather information about the client’s alcohol problem to serve as the basis for prescribing treatment. Once we have fully admitted the client into our alcohol addiction treatment center, alcohol is officially off the table.
The client will often have to endure alcohol withdrawal symptoms. These symptoms can create several physical and mental problems. We would likely prescribe a medically-monitored detox program at our drug and alcohol detox center to keep clients comfortable while they withdraw. Under the care of doctors, clients go through withdrawal without medication, if possible. If there are any signs of danger, the team is responsible for keeping the client and may prescribe relieving medications.
In our Texas alcohol addiction rehab program, an individual therapy program is the primary source of treatment. This is when clients have to face the realities behind their addiction. If they understand why they need to hide in a bottle, they’ll find themselves close to recovery. All that’s left is developing the life skills they will need to maintain long-term sobriety.
Our Alcohol Addiction Treatment Center in San Antonio, TX
If you read The Right Step Hill Country testimonials, you’ll realize we are good at what we do. What we do so well in our alcohol addiction treatment center is to provide a very high level of quality addiction treatment. There’s no great mystery to what we do. We simply use our cutting-edge resources to give each client what they need. Some of the evidence-based treatment programs we use to help our clients include:
- Dual diagnosis treatment – When addiction is accompanied by a mental health disorder, we can provide integrated treatment. Therapies targeting both conditions help identify triggers and cravings that can feed off each other. By treating both conditions simultaneously, you can expect better results as you strive toward a future of health and wellness.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This is a prevalent form of therapy in which the therapist and client work together to identify negative behavior patterns. Once these patterns are out in the open, it’s much easier to put positive coping mechanisms in place that will lead to better decision-making.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – If you have a job or family commitments that make it challenging to attend residential treatment, our IOP might be the best solution. This program still requires a fair amount of time commitment, but you’ll be able to return home at night.
- Drug and alcohol detox – In our Texas alcohol rehab, we offer an on-site detox program to help you rid your body of toxins in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Aftercare planning – When you successfully complete one of our treatment programs, we want to ensure you have a solid plan for continued sobriety. To that end, we offer an aftercare program that includes resources like sober living housing and 12-step meetings.
Take the Right First Step
After recognizing the signs of alcohol addiction in yourself or a loved one, finding help is crucial. Trying to quit drinking alone can be dangerous if you have been drinking heavily for a long period. Our compassionate team can help you take healthy steps toward recovery.
The best way to start yourself down the path of recovery is to admit you have a problem. If you can do that much, The Right Step Hill Country’s alcohol addiction treatment center in San Antonio has a place for you. If you want a better life without alcohol, you should contact us online or call us at 1.844.675.1628 today.