When battling co-occurring conditions such as anxiety and heroin addiction or depression and cocaine addiction, a dual diagnosis treatment center is critical for your healing. Co-occurring disorders are not limited to the ones named above. Any mental health disorder combined with substance abuse constitutes a dual diagnosis and needs the specialized treatment of dual diagnosis treatment programs at a mental health treatment center like The Right Step Hill Country.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center
At The Right Step Hill Country rehab center, we understand the critical nature of mental health conditions, especially when you also need substance abuse treatment programs. We employ specialized treatment methods to help bring our clients out of the cycle of mental illness and substance abuse. By treating the root cause of co-occurring disorders, we have greater success with our clients finding freedom from substance abuse.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health
It’s not a coincidence that approximately half of the people with a substance use disorder also have some type of mental illness. In addition, those with a mental illness also have a substance use disorder. At The Right Step, we delve into those core reasons so that you have a more thorough understanding of the addiction problem.
Mental health illnesses often go undiagnosed and/or untreated. In fact, approximately 50 percent of those afflicted with mental health disorders don’t get treatment either because they are undiagnosed or for other reasons. However, this leads to severe problems for these individuals. When mental illness goes unchecked, it often leads to substance abuse. People resort to using drugs or alcohol as a way to self-medicate, thus leading to a dual diagnosis.
Treatment Options for Dual Diagnosis
At a dual diagnosis treatment center in San Antonio, TX, you will find that mental health therapies are a key component to healing. These therapies include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This evidence-based therapy works to help you recognize and challenge self-defeating negative thought patterns. During a cognitive-behavioral therapy program, you will discover the link between these thoughts and your behavior. Also, you will find more adaptive ways of dealing with emotional pain.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT): This is a form of cognitive-behavioral therapy. A Dialectical behavior therapy program helps you accept who you are while also committing to change yourself as needed. You will learn mindfulness techniques that are helpful when dealing with life’s difficulties.
- Experiential Therapies: We offer experiential therapeutic approaches, such as music, art, and recreational therapy. By exploring emotions and challenges in this type of setting, you are free from any inhibitions that you may otherwise have. This creative process can help you uncover underlying issues.
- The Daring Way™: The Daring Way™ is based on a shame resilience curriculum, which was developed by best-selling author and renowned TED Talks speaker Dr. Brené Brown. This therapy teaches resilience, acceptance, and authenticity.
- Rising Strong Therapy: This group therapy builds upon the work you do in The Daring Way™ shame-resilience groups. Clients learn that when we show up bravely and authentically, we may still stumble, but that isn’t the end of trying. You learn how to “get back up” and keep going.
Introducing The Right Step
At The Right Step, we welcome you to join our rehab treatment center. Our compassionate addiction treatment staff is ready to assist you on your journey to a life filled with peace. Professional therapists direct you each step of the way as you gain independence from drugs.
We offer a broad range of services in a residential or outpatient setting. Our dedicated therapists are experienced in everything from inpatient detox, intensive outpatient programs, and aftercare programs.
Don’t let drug addiction hinder your future happiness in life. Seek dual diagnosis treatment programs at a dual diagnosis treatment center in San Antonio, TX, by reaching out today. Contact us at 1.844.675.1628, and we’ll guide you on the pathway to healing.