Alcohol addiction is a serious condition that can have long-term effects on your mind and body. If you are looking for a drug and alcohol detox center in the San Antonio area, numerous options are available. But choosing a suitable facility is essential when it comes to your recovery.
The Right Step Hill Country offers high-quality drug and alcohol detox programs about an hour outside San Antonio. Our clients enjoy our welcoming atmosphere and variety of wellness amenities on a beautiful 30-acre campus. Fill out our online form or call us today at 1.844.675.1628 to learn why our alcohol detox center is the right choice for you.
Why Go to an Alcohol Detox Program?
An alcohol detox center is a place you can go to wean off of alcohol safely. While it is possible to detox from alcohol at home, it is not recommended for several reasons:
- Alcohol withdrawal can be uncomfortable — As alcohol leaves your body, you can feel anxious, nauseous, shaky, and sweaty. You may also vomit, have diarrhea, and cannot fall or stay asleep.
- Alcohol withdrawal can be dangerous — You need to be monitored while going through withdrawal. Without someone to check your vital signs and ensure you are safe, there is a risk that something could go wrong during the withdrawal process. This danger is especially present if you have a moderate to severe addiction and might experience a severe form of withdrawal known as delirium tremens (DTs).
- You may be at a high risk of relapse — If you have a severe addiction or your environment is not supportive, you may find it impossible to abstain from drinking long enough to get through withdrawal on your own.
Enrolling in a professional alcohol detox program can address the above issues so that you have a better chance of quitting alcohol for good.
How an Alcohol Detox Center Supports Recovery
Many people find that they need professional help to detox from alcohol safely. Professional help also helps increase the chances that they will get through withdrawal and maintain their recovery for the long term. So what is the difference between quitting at home and getting help from an alcohol detox center?
- Alcohol detox centers are staffed by addiction treatment professionals. The staff understands what you are going through and can help keep you safe and comfortable throughout the process.
- An alcohol detox program provides 24/7 monitoring so you will not be left alone during any part of the recovery process. Monitoring can make all the difference in having a successful experience.
- Alcohol detox facilities provide access to medications to ease withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal can be uncomfortable, making it hard to refrain from drinking again. Staff can give you medications to help alleviate your discomfort.
- An alcohol detox facility offers a safe, supportive environment. If the people you live with drink alcohol and do not support your desire to quit, it may be tough to stop drinking around them. When you stay at an alcohol detox center, you will be in an environment that is free of alcohol and other substances, and you will be surrounded by peers in recovery and staff that want to see you succeed.
Alcohol detox programs provide support and resources you cannot find with an at-home detox. Give yourself the best chance of a healthy recovery by choosing a trusted alcohol detox center in the San Antonio area.
The Right Step Hill Country: The Most Trusted Alcohol Detox Center in San Antonio, TX
An alcohol detox program is usually the first step in recovery. Once you complete detox at The Right Step Hill Country, you can transition to one of our other addiction treatment programs that provide the appropriate level of care. Whether you choose inpatient or outpatient treatment, you will continue to receive support from your care team to keep you on your path. Call us at 1.844.675.1628 to learn more about our alcohol detox center in San Antonio, TX.