Heroin is one of the most addictive and dangerous drugs in the world. It is a highly refined form of morphine originating from the poppy plant. Heroin is often injected into veins or muscles but can also be snorted or smoked. The intense rush of euphoria drives many people to keep using the drug and getting addicted. Heroin addiction can cause serious health problems over time, including collapsed veins and infections. It is essential to seek treatment for heroin addiction before these problems become worse or irreversible.
You can overcome heroin addiction and heal from co-occurring mental and physical health conditions with The Right Step Hill Country’s medical detox in San Antonio, TX. We offer customized treatment plans so you will receive the best combination of medications, therapies, and support for your recovery needs. Contact us online or by calling us at 1.844.675.1628 to learn more about our heroin detox program.
Do You Need a Heroin Detox Program?
If you have developed an addiction to heroin, you may need to enroll in a heroin detox program. Quitting this potent drug on your own can be extremely challenging and potentially dangerous. Some signs that you are addicted to heroin and will likely need professional help are:
- Taking more heroin than you intended to
- Being unable to stop using heroin despite trying many times
- Having your life revolve around heroin and avoiding activities that do not involve accessing or using the drug
- Having problems at work or home because of heroin use
- Getting into debt or behind on your bills because of spending on heroin
- Getting arrested in relation to heroin use or possession
These are all signs that heroin is interfering with your life, and continuing to use the drug will only worsen things. Being unable to quit heroin on your own means that you need a different approach. A heroin detox center can make all the difference in your ability to stop using this powerfully addictive substance.
The Best Way to Detox from Heroin
The best way to quit heroin depends on your situation. Ask yourself the following:
- How long have you been using heroin? If it has been several years, you will likely need medical supervision.
- Are there any health conditions that make it difficult for you to manage withdrawal symptoms on your own? For example, people with heart problems should seek a medical detox because they could be at risk during the process.
- Are you using other drugs or alcohol with heroin? Combining other substances with heroin, like cocaine or amphetamines, can increase the severity of your withdrawal symptoms. You may not be able to get through heroin withdrawal alone without the help of addiction treatment specialists.
- Do you have a strong support system in place? Most people need the structured environment offered at a detox center because the process is complex and can be painful for some. You will need supportive people and a calm environment in which to heal.
Enrolling in a heroin detox program provides medical supervision to help with withdrawal symptoms and ensure your safety and comfort. Your care team will monitor your condition to ensure you receive proper nutrition and hydration and the appropriate medications to ease your discomfort.
The Right Step Hill Country: Your Top Heroin Detox Center in San Antonio, TX
If you are ready to stop using heroin and live a sober life, you need the support of professionals. The Right Step Hill Country’s heroin detox center in San Antonio, TX, gives you access to a friendly, trained staff and a comfortable, welcoming environment. Take the next step toward a life without heroin by calling us at 1.844.675.1628.